Apr. 19, 2021
Midwest Growth Partners to Hire Chief Financial Officer
Midwest Growth Partners (MGP) was founded in Des Moines, Iowa in 2013 and manages two private equity funds, totaling $154 million. MGP seeks to make succession planning or growth capital investments in companies that operate in food & agriculture, manufacturing, and distribution industries. MGP’s second investment vehicle is a Rural Business Investment Company (RBIC), a designation awarded and regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
MGP has grown since its inception and anticipates continuing to grow the size and complexity of its internal operations as it adds additional investment vehicles over time. As a result, MGP is seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer as described below.
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa or Omaha, Nebraska
- Responsibility for all fund financial matters and processes, including cash flow planning, budgeting, capital calls and distributions
- Accounting oversight for internal MGP processes including variance analysis, trial balance, P&L analysis, forecast, financial models, and financing covenant compliance
- Creation of the funds’ portfolio valuations, financial statements and other fund related reports and analysis
- Serve as a corporate resource to MGP portfolio company’s financial professionals for questions, guidance, and professional network referrals
- Owner of internal controls, including development of and adherence to the financial and cash management policies and procedures.
- Liaison to fund accounting, audit, tax and finance firms
- Assistance with investor relations and fund administration, including addressing limited partner inquiries, capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations and fund waterfall allocations
- Oversee payroll and employee benefit processing. Relationship manager to health plan and benefits administrators
- Review processes and recommend ways to create further efficiencies
- Assistance with the management of governmental relationships and regulatory requirements, including the firm’s relationship with the USDA
- Support fund compliance areas to manage and mitigate risk, establish proper controls, support business initiatives, and protect the fund from legal and regulatory risk
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of quarterly investor reports
- Provide support for fund raising activities
- Remain informed of regulatory changes
- Other tasks as assigned
- 10+ years of work experience or equivalent (preferably working in a similar role with an investment firm or financial institution)
- SBIC and/or RBIC regulatory experience required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred
- Experience in private equity or venture capital required.
- Experience in month‐end close, regular reporting requirements and financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to perform company valuations, prepare investment reports, and compile data.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office 365, and other professional and financial software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects simultaneously, track responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, responsible, and conscientious
- Strong team player
- An inquiring mind and an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to enjoy and contribute to a collegial, small-firm culture
Reporting structure: support for entire team with direct line of reporting to Managing Partner
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Next steps if interested:
- As part of our process, please complete this brief survey found here
- Submit resume and cover letter with location preference, required salary, and relevant experience to email@example.com